Peter, Paul and Mary: their first album

 

1962  12 songs About 35 minutes

The album title is, imaginatively, Peter, Paul and Mary. The band is the epitome of Folk. They've mixed traditional songs with lots of harmony and deep messages of the Meaning of Life and Peace

Early in the Morning

500 Miles Biggest hit of the album

Sorrow

This Train 'Don't carry no gamblers' 'She's bound for glory.'

Bamboo - sweet song

It's Raining That song you sung on the playground in 1st grade.

If I Had My Way Recap of Samson & Delilah

Cruel War 

Lemon Tree Cynical about love. 

When I was just a lad of ten, my father said to me

"Come here and take a lesson from the lovely lemon tree"
"Don't put your faith in love, my boy", my father said to me
"I fear you'll find that love is like the lovely lemon tree"

If I Had a Hammer Pete Seeger classic from 1949. The hammer represents POWER. The bell represents time. The song is about peace.

Autumn to May

Where Have All the Flowers Gone? - Anti war classic. 'Gone to graveyards, everyone'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad Company's first album

Boston: the first album