Boston: the first album


 

Boston's first album is called, imaginatively, Boston. The album cover! Spaceship guitars fleeing an exploding planet. 

8 songs, 38 minutes. Almost a masterpiece.

More Than A Feeling - this is a masterpiece opener. About an old girlfriend that walked away.

Peace of Mind - another masterpiece. It's anti Rat Race.  

"Now you're climbin' to the top of the company ladder

Hope it doesn't take too long
Can'tcha you see there'll come a day when it won't matter?
Come a day when you'll be gone, whoa"

Foreplay/Long Time  Seriously long instrument opening. About leaving a relationship that sadly has expired. Almost 8 minutes.
"Well, I'm takin' my time, I'm just movin' on
You'll forget about me after I've been gone
And I take what I find, I don't want no more
It's just outside of your front door"

Rock & Roll Band - this is what makes the album not a masterpiece. Sorry.

Smokin' skip this

Hitch A Ride   Sweet song. Is it about life or death. Some think that Brian Delp foreshadowed his suicide with the lyrics.

Something About You Good song about a shy person who can't express his feelings to his crush.

Let Me Take You Home Tonight  This is the opposite of Something About You. The person does express his feelings. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter, Paul and Mary: their first album

Bad Company's first album